Marjan Golobic was born in Ljubljana, Slovenia. He immigrated to Canada at the age of thirteen and began sailing Hobie Cats and Optimists on Osoyoos Lake at the age of fifteen. Having returned to his native Slovenia, he soon graduated to cabin cruisers and eventually bought a sailing yacht of his own, a Bavaria 36, which he baptized the Spalax.
Skipper Marjan has sailed extensively in the Adriatic and the Mediterranean and crossed the Atlantic twice. He is no stranger to many Caribbean cruising destinations and has also transited the Panama Canal. He holds a skipper and VHF radio licenses.
Here is a list of the many destinations of his sailing adventures:
- 1999 to 2002: Croatia: Brioni, Cres, Unije, Susak, Krk, Ist, Molat, Ilovik, Mali Losinj, Premuda, Silba, Olib, Dugi otok, Goli otok, Kornati, Pasman, Ugljan, Brac, Pakleni otoci, Korcula, Lastovo, Vis, Solta, Mljet
- 2002: Cape Town, Dassen Island, Walvis Bay (Namibia), St Helena, Fernando de Noronha, Fortaleza (Brazil)
- 2004: Aruba, San Blas Islands, Cristobal (Panama), Panama Canal transit
- 2005: Venice, Dubrovnik
- 2006: Dubrovnik, Corfu, Paxos, Antipaxos, Lefkas, Scorpios, Zante, Kefalonia
- 2007: Dunkerque, Ramsgate, Antwerpen
- 2009: Corfu, Malta, Syracuse, Reggio Calabria, Stromboli, Panarea, Lipari, Palermo, Sardinia, Menorca, Mallorca, Alicante, Gibraltar, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Rodney Bay, St Lucia
- 2010: St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tobago Cays
- 2017: St Martin to Bora-Bora by way of the Panama Canal, the Galapagos, the Marquesas and Tahiti
- 2018: Tahiti to Maupihaa, Palmerstone, Rangiroa, Niue, Aitutaki and Fiji
- 2019: Fiji to Noumea, New Caledonia
You can check out my books by clicking ON THIS LINK